Transportation Costs of Fresh Flowers: A Comparison across Major Exporting Countries
AbstractUsing a case study approach of Ecuador's supply chain this presentation discusses exports dynamics from major fresh flower exporting countries. The document covers air transportation's importance, air cargo of perishables and fresh-flowers, and a discussion on supply chain's complexity, quality deterioration cost and airfreight cost. Finally a series of conclusions are drawn. This presentation was created for the Latin America/Caribbean and Asia/Pacific Economics and Business Association (LAEBA)'s 4th Annual Meeting held in Lima, Peru, on June 17th, 2008.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 48798.
Date of creation: Jun 2008
Date of revision:
Agricultural trade & marketing; Globalization & Regionalization; Trade Facilitation; fresh flowers; exports; air cargo; transportation costs; supply chain; floriculture; Fourth LAEBA Meeting; LAEBA conference; LAEBA meeting;
Other versions of this item:
- Henry Vega, 2008. "Transportation Costs of Fresh Flowers: A Comparison across Major Exporting Countries," IDB Publications 48178, Inter-American Development Bank.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mendez, Jose A., 1991. "The development of the Colombian cut flower industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 660, The World Bank.
- Micco, Alejandro & Serebrisky, Tomas, 2006.
"Competition regimes and air transport costs: The effects of open skies agreements,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 25-51, September.
- Alejandro Micco & Tomás Serebrisky, 2008. "Competition Regimes and Air Transport Costs: The Effects of Open Skies Agreement," IDB Publications 46738, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alejandro Micco & Tomás Serebrisky, 2008. "Competition Regimes and Air Transport Costs: The Effects of Open Skies Agreement," IDB Publications 49839, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Walter Y. Oi & Todd L. Idson, 1999. "Workers Are More Productive in Large Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 104-108, May.
- Schumacher, Sara K. & Marsh, Thomas L., 2003. "Economies of Scale in the Floriculture Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(03), December.
- Vega, Henry, 2008. "Air cargo, trade and transportation costs of perishables and exotics from South America," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 324-328.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.