Export Growth and Industrial Policy: Lessons from the East Asian Miracle Experience
AbstractThe presentation discusses the East Asian Miracle Experience regarding industrial policy and export growth. It commences reviewing the strategic policies for global competition that were implemented in the region; then it continues with the analysis of a series of models and finally it highlights the lessons learned from the Miracle. This presentation was prepared to be presented at the LAEBA Second Annual Meeting, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 28-29 November, 2005.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 47618.
Date of creation: Nov 2005
Date of revision:
Integration & Trade; Industrial Policy; LAEBA conference; LAEBA meeting; east asia miracle; exports;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ã‡igdem Akin & M. Ayhan Kose, 2007.
"Changing Nature of North-South Linkages: Stylized Facts and Explanations,"
IMF Working Papers
07/280, International Monetary Fund.
- AkIn, Cigdem & Kose, M. Ayhan, 2008. "Changing nature of North-South linkages: Stylized facts and explanations," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Jose Ernesto Amoros, 2008.
"Entrepreneurship and Competitiveness Dynamics in Latin America,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2008-059, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Zoltan Acs & José Amorós, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and competitiveness dynamics in Latin America," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 305-322, October.
- Mo, Pak Hung, 2011. "Trade Liberalization Sequence for Sustained Economic Growth," MPRA Paper 28917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roman Stöllinger & Beate Muck, 2011. "Long Term Patterns of International Merchandise Trade," FIW Specials series 001, FIW.
- Gonzalo Hernandez & Arslan Razmi, 2011. "Can Asia Sustain an Export-Led Growth Strategy in the Aftermath of the Global Crisis? An Empirical Exploration," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-29, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Nagesh Kumar & Kevin P. Gallagher, 2007. "Relevance of Ã¢â‚¬ËœPolicy SpaceÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ for Development : Implications for Multilateral Trade Negotiations," Trade Working Papers 22111, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Carson, Matthew, 2010. "Guiding structural change : the role of government in development," ILO Working Papers 455097, International Labour Organization.
- Yýlmaz Akyüz, . "Global Rules and Markets: Constraints over Policy Autonomy in Developing Countries," Working Papers 2007/5, Turkish Economic Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.