Does Road Improvement Reduce Poverty?: A General Equilibrium Analysis for Lao PRD
AbstractThis presentation discusses the correllation between road improvement and poverty in Lao PDR. Included is a discussion on road improvement and transport costs, the model and simulations, results and conlusions. This presentation was presented at the Thrid Annual Latin America/Caribbean and Asia/Pacific Economics and Business Association (LAEBA) Meeting held in Seoul, South Korea on November 16th, 2006.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 44320.
Date of creation: Nov 2006
Date of revision:
Infrastructure & Transport :: Roads & Highways; Social Development :: Poverty; LAEBA; road infrastructure; infrastructure & transport; Lao PDR;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stone, Susan & Strutt, Anna & Hertel, Thomas, 2010.
"Assessing Socioeconomic Impacts of Transport Infrastructure Projects in the Greater Mekong Subregion,"
ADBI Working Papers
234, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Susan Stone & Anna Strutt & Thomas Hertel, 2010. "Assessing Socioeconomic Impacts of Transport Infrastructure Projects in the Greater Mekong Subregion," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22819, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Susan Stone & Anna Strutt & Thomas Hertel, 2010. "Assessing Socioeconomic Impacts of Transport Infrastructure Projects in the Greater Mekong Subregion," Working Papers id:2959, eSocialSciences.
- Manabu Fujimura & Ramesh Adhikari, 2010. "Critical Evaluation of Cross-Border Infrastructure Projects in Asia," Development Economics Working Papers 21876, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Marks, Stephen V., 2011. "Lao economic policies and effective rates of protection," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 115-127, April.
- Warr, Peter & Menon, Jayant & Yusuf, Arief Anshory, 2009. "Regional Economic Impacts of Cross-Border Infrastructure: A General Equilibrium Application to Thailand and Lao PDR," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 35, Asian Development Bank.
- Manabu Fujimura & Ramesh Adhikari, 2010. "Critical Evaluation of Cross-Border Infrastructure Projects in Asia," Working Papers id:2981, eSocialSciences.
- Warr, Peter & Menon, Jayant & Yusuf, Arief Anshory, 2010. "Poverty Impacts of Government Expenditure from Natural Resource Revenues," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 51, Asian Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.