Institutional Capacities for Small Business Policy Development in Latin America and the Caribbean
AbstractThis study provides a quantitative description of MSMEs in Latin America and the Caribbean. It highlights the quality of the information available in the region and, in doing so, also identifies gaps in the data. The study also presents a comparative analysis of the capacity of national MSME institutions to support small business development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 41558.
Date of creation: Dec 2006
Date of revision:
Business Development; Microbusinesses & Microfinance; SME; MSM-136; microenterprise; SME; small and medium enterprises; business development; LAC;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Palmade & Andrea Anayiotos, 2005. "Rising Informality," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11209, The World Bank.
- repec:idb:brikps:publication-detail,7101.html?id=23578 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl, 2003. "Small and medium enterprises across the globe : a new database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3127, The World Bank.
- Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "Upgrading in Clusters and Value Chains in Latin America: The Role of Policies," IDB Publications 40778, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Juan J. Llisterri & Jaime García-Alba, 2008. "HGSMEs in Latin American Emerging Economies," IDB Publications 7413, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Gladys Lopez-Acevedo & Hong W. Tan, 2011. "Impact Evaluation of Small and Medium Enterprise Programs in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2298.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.