Thinking Outside the Box: Arguments for IADB's Involvement in the Preservation and Development of Heritage
AbstractThis paper discusses the role of culture in development through suggestions, speculations, and case studies from several parts of the world. Most of the cases have been collected through interviews, brain storming, intense discussions, collegial laughs, and open doubts. This paper compliments Thinking outside the Box: Strategies and Examples for in the Preservation and Development of Heritage.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 3778.
Date of creation: Jan 2007
Date of revision:
Culture & Arts; Urban Development; Heritage Conservation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dora L. Costa & Matthew E. Kahn, 2001. "Understanding the Decline in Social Capital, 1952-1998," NBER Working Papers 8295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John O’Hagan, 1996.
"Access to and participation in the arts: The case of those with low incomes/educational attainment,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 269-282, December.
- John W. O'Hagan, 1996. "Access to and Participation in the Arts: The Case of Those with Low Income/Educational Attainment," Economics Policy Papers 961, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Martin Shubik, 1999. "Culture and Commerce," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 13-30, March.
- M. Thea Sinclair, 1998. "Tourism and economic development: A survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 1-51.
- David Throsby, 1999. "Cultural Capital," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 3-12, March.
- Volker Kirchberg, 1998. "Entrance Fees as a Subjective Barrier to Visiting Museums," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 1-13, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.