Integrated Financial Supervision: Experiences in Selected Countries
AbstractThis paper represents one of the first comparative analyses of experiences of integrated supervision. It discusses how several countries around the world have developed the processes of integrating financial regulation and supervision, and covers numerous relevant technical issues as well as the policy options. It describes the scope of the activities, institutions, responsibilities, and regulatory powers that integrated supervisors are expected to cover. Issues related to the organizational structures and the management of staff resources are also considered. In particular, the paper discusses how the supervisory agencies have dealt with three important aspects: the treatment of financial conglomerates, the risk assessment process, and crisis management.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 34978.
Date of creation: Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Financial Services; Financial Policy; Transparency & Anticorruption; Public Administration & Policy Making; Finance; Financial Markets; Publications; financial supervision; supervision;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taylor, Michael & Fleming, Alex, 1999. "Integrated financial supervision : lessons of Northern European experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2223, The World Bank.
- de Luna Martinez, Jose & Rose, Thomas A., 2003. "International survey of integrated financial sector supervision," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3096, The World Bank.
- Richard K. Abrams & Michael Taylor, 2000. "Issues in the Unification of Financial Sector Supervision," IMF Working Papers 00/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Edgardo Demaestri & Gustavo Ferro, 2013. "Analysis of the Integration of Financial Regulation and Supervision to the Central Bank," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(68), pages 75-106, June.
- Ferro, Gustavo, 2010. "Insurance regulation and the credit crisis. What’s new?," MPRA Paper 22296, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferro, Gustavo & Castagnolo, Fermando, 2010.
"Seguros, crisis, regulación y disciplina del mercado
[Insurance, crisis, regulation and market discipline]," MPRA Paper 25593, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Oct 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.