Public Agricultural Research in Latin America and the Caribbean: Investment and Capacity Trends
AbstractThis report reviews major institutional developments and investment and human resource trends in public agricultural R&D in LAC from 1981 to 2006, drawing from a set of country briefs and a regional report for Central America prepared by the Agricultural Science and Technology Indicators (ASTI) initiative using comprehensive ASTI datasets derived from primary surveys for a 15-country sample conducted during 2007-08. These datasets have been linked with investment and human resources data collected in the region during the late 1990s, as well as with ASTI's global datasets, to provide a wider context for agricultural R&D investment trends over time and across other regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 33378.
Date of creation: Mar 2009
Date of revision:
Agricultural policy; Agricultural research & extension;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Trejos, Rafael & Segura, Oswaldo & Arias, Joaquin, 2004. "More Than Food On The Table: Agriculture'S True Contribution To The Economy," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20360, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pardey, Philip G. & Beintema, Nienke M., 2002. "Slow Magic: Agricultural R&D A Century After Mendel," Working Papers 14364, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Beintema, Nienke M. & Di Marcantonio, Federica, 2010. "Female participation in African agricultural research and higher education: New insights," IFPRI discussion papers 957, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2012.
"Agricultural Production, Productivity and R&D over the Past Half Century: An Emerging New World Order,"
2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
131824, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2012. "Agricultural Production, Productivity and R&D over the Past Half Century: An Emerging New World Order," Staff Papers 133745, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Carlos Ludena, 2010.
"Agricultural Productivity Growth, Efficiency Change and Technical Progress in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
Research Department Publications
4675, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ludena, Carlos E., 2012. "Agricultural Productivity Growth, Efficiency Change and Technical Progress in Latin America and the Caribbean," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126850, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.