Free and Nondiscriminatory Access to Airports: A Proposal for Latin America
AbstractThis article discusses the regulatory framework and organization of airports in several Latin America countries in order to identify obstacles preventing free and non-discriminatory access to airport. In particular, the article exposes the basic elements of air transportation liberalization and discusses airport organization options and some basic principles on airport regulation. After reviewing the obstacles in Latin America for the integration of air transportation services, the article establishes a set of recommendations to promote competition and air transport market integration in Latin America.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 29438.
Date of creation: May 2003
Date of revision:
Infrastructure & Transport :: Airports; Free and Nondiscriminatory Access to Airports: A Proposal for Latin America; transportation; Airports;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paulina Beato & Jean-Jacques Laffont, 2002. "Competition in Public Utilities in Developing Countries," IDB Publications 47078, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Paulina Beato, 2000. "Cross Subsidies in Public Services: Some Issues," IDB Publications 23118, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Betancor, Ofelia & Rendeiro, Robert, 1999. "Regulating privatized infrastructures and airport services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2180, The World Bank.
- Estache, Antonio & Martimort, David, 1999. "Politics, transaction costs, and the design of regulatory institutions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2073, The World Bank.
- Kapur, A., 1995. "Airport Infrastructure: The Emerging Role of the Private Sector," Papers 313, World Bank - Technical Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.