Conditional Stochastic Kernel Estimation by Nonparametric Methods
AbstractThis article generalizes the conditional stochastic kernel developed by Quah (1997, 1998) for multiple and more general conditioning schemes using nonparametric conditional density estimation. We utilize this methodology to analyze conditional convergence in income for Brazilian municipalities between 1970 and 1991.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa in its series Insper Working Papers with number wpe_90.
Date of creation: Oct 2007
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Poletti Laurini, Márcio & Valls Pereira, Pedro L., 2009. "Conditional stochastic kernel estimation by nonparametric methods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 234-238, December.
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2007-07-13 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAM-2007-07-13 (Central & South America)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Azariadis, Costas & Drazen, Allan, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-26, May.
- Danny Quah, 1996. "Twin Peaks: Growth and Convergence in Models of Distribution Dynamics," CEP Discussion Papers dp0280, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Quah, Danny, 1996. "Regional Convergence Clusters Across Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 1286, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Quah, Danny, 1996.
"Twin Peaks: Growth and Convergence in Models of Distribution Dynamics,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1355, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Quah, Danny T, 1996. "Twin Peaks: Growth and Convergence in Models of Distribution Dynamics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 1045-55, July.
- Quah, Danny T., 1996. "Regional convergence clusters across Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 951-958, April.
- Costas Megir & Danny Quah, 1996. "Regional Convergence Clusters Across Europe," CEP Discussion Papers dp0274, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- T. W. Swan, 1956. "ECONOMIC GROWTH and CAPITAL ACCUMULATION," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(2), pages 334-361, November.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 1996. "A Microfoundation for Social Increasing Returns in Human Capital Accumulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 111(3), pages 779-804, August.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "Regional environmental efficiency and economic growth: NUTS2 evidence from Germany, France and the UK," MPRA Paper 33698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "Measuring regional environmental efficiency: A directional distance function approach," MPRA Paper 32934, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino, 2013. "European regional convergence revisited: The role of space and the intangible assets," Working Papers 2013/11, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- George Halkos & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2012. "Measuring German regions’ environmental efficiency: a directional distance function approach," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 7-16, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Naercio Menezes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.