Hedge or Speculation? Evidence of the use of derivatives by Brazilian firms during the financial crisis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa in its series Ibmec Working Papers with number wpe_243.
Date of creation: Oct 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fernando N. de Oliveira & Walter Novaesk, 2007. "Demand for Foreign Exchange Derivatives in Brazil: Hedge or Speculation," Working Papers Series 152, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Martin Schneider & Aaron Tornell, 2004.
"Balance Sheet Effects, Bailout Guarantees and Financial Crises,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71, pages 883-913, 07.
- Martin Schneider & Aaron Tornell, 2000. "Balance SHeet Effects, Bailout Guarantees and Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 8060, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beber, Alessandro & Fabbri, Daniela, 2012. "Who times the foreign exchange market? Corporate speculation and CEO characteristics," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1065-1087.
- Gregory W. Brown & Peter R. Crabb & David Haushalter, 2006. "Are Firms Successful at Selective Hedging?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 2925-2950, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Naercio Menezes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.