Inter-regional Wage Differentials with Individual Heterogeneity: Evidence from Brazil
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa in its series Insper Working Papers with number wpe_231.
Date of creation: Oct 2011
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Ricardo Freguglia & Naercio Menezes-Filho, 2012. "Inter-regional wage differentials with individual heterogeneity: evidence from Brazil," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 17-34, August.
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael P. Keane, 1993.
"Individual Heterogeneity and Interindustry Wage Differentials,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(1), pages 134-161.
- Michael P. Keane, 1991. "Individual heterogeneity and interindustry wage differentials," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 54, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1999.
"High Wage Workers and High Wage Firms,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(2), pages 251-334, March.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1994. "High Wage Workers and High Wage Firms," NBER Working Papers 4917, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abowd, J.M. & Kramarz, F. & Margolis, D.N., 1995. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," Cahiers de recherche 9503, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Abowd, J.M. & Kramarz, F. & Margolis, D.N., 1995. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," Cahiers de recherche 9503, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1994. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," CIRANO Working Papers 94s-23, CIRANO.
- Angelo Duarte & Pedro C. Ferreira & Márcio Salvato, 2003. "Disparidades Regionais ou Educacionais," Anais do XXXI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 31th Brazilian Economics Meeting] f69, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Armando Castelar & Lauro Ramos, 1994. "Inter-Industry wage differentials and earnings inequality in Brazil," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 21(esp Year ), pages 79-111, November.
- Dabos, Marcelo & Psacharopoulos, George, 1991. "An analysis of the sources of earnings variation among Brazilian males," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 359-377, December.
- Gatica, Jaime & Mizala, Alejandra & Romaguera, Pilar, 1995. "Interindustry Wage Differentials in Brazil," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 315-31, January.
- Robert Gibbons & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992.
"Does Unmeasured Ability Explain Inter-Industry Wage Differentials?,"
NBER Working Papers
3182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gibbons, Robert & Katz, Lawrence F, 1992. "Does Unmeasured Ability Explain Inter-industry Wage Differentials?," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 515-35, July.
- Luciana M.S. Servo & Carlos R. Azzoni, 2002.
"Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175.
- Carlos R. Azzoni & Luciana M.S. Servo, 2002. "Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175, 04.
- Inmaculada Garcia & Jose Alberto Molina, 2002. "Inter-regional wage differentials in Spain," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 209-215.
- João Pereira & Aurora Galego, 2011.
"Regional wage differentials in Portugal: Static and dynamic approaches,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(3), pages 529-548, 08.
- Joao Pereira & Aurora Galego, 2007. "Regional Wage Differentials: Static And Dynamic Approaches," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2007_07, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Alan Carruth & William Collier & Andy Dickerson, 2004. "Inter-industry Wage Differences and Individual Heterogeneity," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(5), pages 811-846, December.
- Arbache, Jorge Saba & Carneiro, Francisco Galrao, 1999. "Unions and Interindustry Wage Differentials," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1875-1883, October.
- Krueger, Alan B & Summers, Lawrence H, 1988. "Efficiency Wages and the Inter-industry Wage Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 259-93, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Naercio Menezes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.