Stochastische Überlagerung mit Hilfe der Mischungsverteilung
AbstractThe paper considers the effect of additive and multiplicative measurement errors on the estimation of linear models.We assume that such measurement errors have been applied to the micro data by purpose in order to protect them against re-identification. In particular measurement errors with a bimodal mixture distribution are analyzed. First the case of cross-section data is assumed. Then for panel data both the "naive' estimator ("within estimator", mixed effects estimator) and IV estimators are considered. In particular the effect of autocorrelation of regressors in short panels is discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW) in its series IAW Discussion Papers with number 48.
Length: 170 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2009
Date of revision:
bimodal mixture distribution;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-08-08 (Econometrics)
- NEP-GER-2009-08-08 (German Papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-29, October.
- Winfried Pohlmeier & Sandra Lechner, 2003. "Schätzung ökonometrischer Modelle auf der Grundlage anonymisierter Daten," CoFE Discussion Paper 03-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Staudenmayer, John & Buonaccorsi, John P., 2005. "Measurement Error in Linear Autoregressive Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 841-852, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rolf Kleimann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.