Feed-Grain Consumption by Traditional Pork-Producing Households in China
AbstractEconomic reforms in China's agricultural sector initiated in the late 1970s led to rapid structural change in China's pork sector. Swine production units have declined in number but increased in size. Using household survey data from seven Chinese provinces, the authors estimate feed-grain demand by pork producers for three size categories: annual pork output of less than 200 kg; between 200 and 500 kg; and greater than 500 kg. Results indicate that households slaughtering a small number of pigs each year are less market-oriented than households slaughtering a greater number annually.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University in its series Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications with number 98-wp203.
Date of creation: Nov 1998
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carter, Colin A., 1986.
"China's Past and Future Role in the Grain Trade,"
1986: Trade and Development Meeting, December 1986, CIMMYT, Mexico City, Mexico
50687, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Hayes, Dermot J., 1997. "The Chinese Market For U.S. Pork Exports," Trade Research Center Policy Issues Papers 29173, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- Wailes, Eric J. & Fang, Cheng & Tuan, Francis C., 1998. "U.S.-China Agricultural Trade: Constraints And Potential," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- repec:jaa:jagape:v:30:y:1998:i:1:p:113-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Han, Tong & Wahl, Thomas I., 1998. "China'S Rural Household Demand For Fruit And Vegetables," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- repec:jaa:jagape:v:30:y:1998:i:1:p:141-50 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.