Determinants of Household Expenditures on Alcohol
AbstractIncome, region, education, and household demographics are among the significant determinants of alcohol expenditures according to this study. The authors examine the determinants of household alcohol expenditures by using a nonnormal and heteroskedastic double-hurdle model to accommodate zero observations in the sample.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University in its series Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications with number 95-wp144.
Date of creation: Dec 1995
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yen, Steven T. & Yuan, Yan & Liu, Xiaowen, 2009. "Alcohol consumption by men in China: A non-Gaussian censored system approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 162-173, June.
- Akinyosoye, Vincent O., 2007. "Demand For Dairy Products In Nigeria: Evidence From The Nigerian," Journal of Rural Economics and Development, University of Ibadan, Department of Agricultural Economics, vol. 16.
- Frank Fuller & John Beghin & Scott Rozelle, 2007.
"Consumption of dairy products in urban China: results from Beijing, Shangai and Guangzhou,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(4), pages 459-474, December.
- Fuller, Frank H. & Beghin, John C. & Rozelle, Scott, 2007. "Consumption of dairy products in urban China: results from Beijing, Shangai and Guangzhou," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(4), December.
- Fuller, Frank H. & Beghin, John C. & Rozelle, Scott, 2007. "Consumption of Dairy Products in Urban China: Results from Beijing, Shangai and Guangzhou," Staff General Research Papers 12730, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Alfonso Miranda, 2010.
"A double-hurdle count model for completed fertility data from the developing world,"
DoQSS Working Papers
10-01, Department of Quantitative Social Science - Institute of Education, University of London.
- Alfonso Miranda, 2013. "A double-hurdle count model for completed fertility data from the developing world," Mexican Stata Users' Group Meetings 2013 13, Stata Users Group.
- Andrew Tan & Steven Yen & Rodolfo Nayga, 2009. "Factors Affecting Alcohol Purchase Decisions and Expenditures: A Sample Selection Analysis by Ethnicity in Malaysia," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 149-159, June.
- Mussa, Richard, 2009.
"Rural-urban differences in parental spending on children's primary education in Malawi,"
16090, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Mussa, 2010. "Rural-Urban Differences in Parental Spending on Children’s Primary Education in Malawi," SALDRU Working Papers 49, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- David Aristei & Federico Perali & Luca Pieroni, 2008.
"Cohort, age and time effects in alcohol consumption by Italian households: a double-hurdle approach,"
Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 29-61, August.
- Davide Aristei & Federico Pierali & Luca Pieroni, 2007. "Cohort, Age and Time Effects in Alcohol Consumption by Italian Households: a Double-Hurdle Approach," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 30/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- repec:eso:journl:v:43:y:2012:i:2:p:199-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabiosa, Jacinto F., 2006. "Growing Demand for Animal-Protein-Source Products in Indonesia: Trade Implications," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21417, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Elmas Yaldiz Hanedar & Eleonora Broccardo & Flavio Bazzana, 2012. "Collateral Requirements of SMEs:The Evidence from Less–Developed Countries," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 12111, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Facoltà di Economia "Marco Biagi".
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.