Übergangschancen benachteiligter Hauptschülerinnen und Hauptschüler : Evaluation der Projekte "Abschlussquote erhöhen - Berufsfähigkeit steigern 2" und "Vertiefte Berufsorientierung und Praxisbegleitung"
Abstract"The research report is based on the evaluation of the projects 'Increasing graduation quota - enhancing occupational capacities 2' (AQB2) and 'Improved occupational orientation and practice guidance' (VBOP). The two projects aimed at increasing the chances of successful school-to-training-transitions of less-educated youth. The projects intended to improve their occupational orientation, learning motivation and the practical relevance of education by establishing so called 'Be-rufsstarterklassen' and 'Praxisklassen', respectively, for low-achieving youth. These are separated classes, in which students attended of practical training in a form twice a week a und were supervised by 'occupational guidance advisers'. The two main goals of the projects were: successful graduation after grade 9 with a lower secondary school degree (Hauptschulabschluss) and getting a vocational training place. The projects in general had been successful. 90 per cent of the students of AQB2 and 95 per cent of the students of VBOP (who had attended the project until the end) obtained a lower secondary school degree. Moreover, 47 per cent of the AQB2 participants and 55 per cent of the VBOP participants (compared to 34 per cent of students attending a parallel class without 'treatment'), who left school after grade 9, have started with vocational training. However, this projects' success is reduced by a dropout rate of the two projects. In addition, AQB2 participants with good school grades had a lower chance to get a training place after leaving school than comparable students from the control classes." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany] in its series IAB-Forschungsbericht with number 201106.
Length: 158 pages
Date of creation: 19 Sep 2011
Date of revision:
Hauptschulabsolventen; Bildungschancen; Berufsorientierung; Chancengleichheit; benachteiligte Jugendliche; Benachteiligtenförderung; Berufseinmündung; erste Schwelle;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2011-10-01 (German Papers)
- NEP-PPM-2011-10-01 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Solga, Heike & Kretschmann, Claudia, 2010. "Follow-up-Studie zur Evaluation des Projekts "Abschlussquote erhöhen - Berufsfähigkeit steigern"," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Skill Formation and Labor Markets SP I 2010-503, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Buch, Tanja & Hamann, Silke & Meier, Henning & Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Peters, Cornelius & Puckelwald, Johannes, 2011. "Analyse der Berücksichtigung eines Wanderungsindikators im Rahmen der Abgrenzung des GRW-Fördergebiets : Gutachten für die Gemeinschaftsaufgabe "Verbesserung der regionalen Wirtschaftsstruktur," IAB-Forschungsbericht 201104, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.