Understanding the Process of Decollectivization and Agricultural Privatisation in Transition Economies: The Distribution of Collective and State Farm Assets in Latvia and Lithuania
AbstractThis paper aims to address two key issues in the agricultural economics of transition economies: (i) what do we understand about the process of agricultural transformation in transition economies with respect to the distribution of collective and state farm assets and why is this process so important; and (ii) why the Joint Stock Company model of agricultural privatisation in transition economies, should be considered a “transitional” enterprise form, and not as an end in itself.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University in its series CERT Discussion Papers with number 9709.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lerman, Z. & Brooks, K. & Csaki, C., 1994. "Land Reform and Fram Restructuring in Ukraine," World Bank - Discussion Papers 270, World Bank.
- Brooks, Karen & Lerman, Zvi, 1995. "Restructuring of traditional farms and new land relations in Russia," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 11-25, October.
- Brooks, Karen & Lerman, Zvi, 1995. "Restructuring of traditional farms and new land relations in Russia," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 13(1), October.
- J.R. Davis, 1996. "Privatization and Regulation of Public Utilities in Latvia," CERT Discussion Papers 9614, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- A. Purju, 1996. "Political Economy of Privatisation in Estonia," CERT Discussion Papers 9602, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- P.G. Hare, 1996. "Privatization and Regulation of Public Utilities in Latvia," CERT Discussion Papers 9615, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- J.R. Davis, 1996. "The Political Economy and Institutional Aspects of the Process of Privatizing Farming," CERT Discussion Papers 9607, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Maddock, Nicholas, 1995. "Agriculture after socialism The transformation and development of Lithuanian agriculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 129-137, April.
- Viira, Ants-Hannes & Poder, Anne & Varnik, Rando, 2009. "20 years of transition â€“ institutional reforms and the adaptation of production in Estonian agriculture," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 58(7).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Professor Mark Schaffer) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Professor Mark Schaffer to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.