Utility duality under additional information: conditional measures versus filtration enlargements
AbstractThe utility maximisation problem is considered for investors with anticipative additional information. We distinguish between models with conditional measures and models with enlarged filtrations. The dual functions of the maximal expected utility are determined with the help of f-divergences. We assume that our measures are absolutely continuous with respect to a local martingale measure (LMM), but not necessarily equivalent. Thus we do not exclude arbitrage.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany in its series SFB 649 Discussion Papers with number SFB649DP2005-029.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: May 2005
Date of revision:
utility maximisation; additional information; enlargement of filtrations; conditional measures; convex conjugate function; dual function; f-divergence;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amendinger, Jürgen & Imkeller, Peter & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Additional logarithmic utility of an insider," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,25, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- repec:wop:humbsf:1998-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amendinger, Jürgen & Imkeller, Peter & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Additional logarithmic utility of an insider," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 263-286, July.
- José Mª Corcuera & Peter Imkeller & Arturo Kohatsu & David Nualart, 2003. "Additional utility of insiders with imperfect dynamical information," Economics Working Papers 675, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Anne Gundel, 2005. "Robust utility maximization for complete and incomplete market models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 151-176, 04.
- Martin Schweizer & Dirk Becherer & Jürgen Amendinger, 2003. "A monetary value for initial information in portfolio optimization," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 29-46.
- Stefan Ankirchner & Steffen Dereich & Peter Imkeller, 2005. "The Shannon Information of Filtrations and the Additional Logarithmic Utility of Insiders," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-030, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Duffie, Darrell & Huang, Chi-fu, 1986. "Multiperiod security markets with differential information : Martingales and resolution times," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 283-303, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.