AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany in its series SFB 649 Discussion Papers with number SFB649DP2005-008.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2005
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2005-11-19 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FIN-2005-11-19 (Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aleksander Janicki & Aleksander Weron, 1994. "Simulation and Chaotic Behavior of Alpha-stable Stochastic Processes," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook9401.
- Weron, Rafal, 1996. "On the Chambers-Mallows-Stuck method for simulating skewed stable random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 165-171, June.
- McCulloch, J Huston, 1997. "Measuring Tail Thickness to Estimate the Stable Index Alpha: A Critique," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 74-81, January.
- Sigbert Klinke & Uwe Ziegenhagen & Yuval Guri, 2005. "Yxilon – a Modular Open-Source Statistical Programming Language," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-018, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Jozef Barunik & Ladislav Kristoufek, 2012.
"On Hurst exponent estimation under heavy-tailed distributions,"
- Barunik, Jozef & Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2010. "On Hurst exponent estimation under heavy-tailed distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(18), pages 3844-3855.
- Dominik Krezolek, 2012. "Non-Classical Measures of Investment Risk on the Market of Precious Non-Ferrous Metals Using the Methodology of Stable Distributions," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 12, pages 89-104.
- Figueiredo, Annibal & Gleria, Iram & Matsushita, Raul & Da Silva, Sergio, 2005.
"Financial volatility and independent and identically distributed variables,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 346(3), pages 484-498.
- Annibal Figueiredo & Iram Gleria & Raul Matsushita & Sergio Da Silva, 2004. "Financial Volatility and Independent and Identically Distributed Variables," Finance 0407011, EconWPA.
- Edoardo Gaffeo & Antonello E. Scorcu & Laura Vici, 2008.
"Demand Distribution Dynamics in Creative Industries: the Market for Books in Italy,"
Working Paper Series
09-08, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2008.
- Gaffeo, Edoardo & Scorcu, Antonello E. & Vici, Laura, 2008. "Demand distribution dynamics in creative industries: The market for books in Italy," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 257-268, September.
- E. Gaffeo & A. E. Scorcu & L. Vici, 2008. "Demand Distribution Dynamics in Creative Industries: the Market for Books in Italy," Working Papers 630, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Edoardo Gaffeo & Antonello E. Scorci & Laura Vici, 2008. "Demand Distribution Dynamics in Creative Industries: the Market for Books in Italy," Department of Economics Working Papers 0804, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Sandro Sapio, 2009.
"Modelling the distribution of day-ahead electricity returns: a comparison,"
LEM Papers Series
2009/21, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Sandro Sapio, 2012. "Modeling the distribution of day-ahead electricity returns: a comparison," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(12), pages 1935-1949, December.
- Jozef Barunik & Lukas Vacha, 2010.
"Monte Carlo-Based Tail Exponent Estimator,"
Working Papers IES
2010/06, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2010.
- Barunik, Jozef & Vacha, Lukas, 2010. "Monte Carlo-based tail exponent estimator," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(21), pages 4863-4874.
- Taleb, Nassim Nicholas, 2009. "Errors, robustness, and the fourth quadrant," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 744-759, October.
- Nassim N. Taleb, 2012. "How We Tend To Overestimate Powerlaw Tail Exponents," Papers 1210.1966, arXiv.org.
- Kenneth Bruninx & Erik Delarue & William D'haeseleer, 2013. "Statistical description of the error on wind power forecasts via a Lévy α-stable distribution," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/50, European University Institute.
- Greg Hannsgen, 2011. "Infinite-variance, Alpha-stable Shocks in Monetary SVAR: Final Working Paper Version," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_682, Levy Economics Institute.
- Sebastian, Orzeł & Agnieszka, Wyłomańska, 2010. "Calibration of the subdiffusive arithmetic Brownian motion with tempered stable waiting-times," MPRA Paper 28593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Weron, Rafał, 2004. "Computationally intensive Value at Risk calculations," Papers 2004,32, Humboldt-Universität Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Raul Matsushita & Iram Gleria & Annibal Figueiredo & Sergio Da Silva, 2004. "The Econophysics of the Brazilian Real-US Dollar Rate," Finance 0407012, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.