Municipal Solid Waste Collection Problems: A Literature Review
AbstractThis paper presents a review of the available literature on solid waste management problems, with a particular focus on vehicle routing problems. The available papers are classified into different catego-ries with the purpose of providing the reader with a guide that facilitates his/her search for papers in his/her field of interest. For each category, a table is presented that gives a summary of how each paper scores from that perspective. Additional explanation is presented about the characteristics of each cate-gory using some key references. Finally, this paper discovers unexplored areas of research and identi-fies trends in the literature.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management in its series Working Papers with number 2011/34.
Length: 39 page
Date of creation: Dec 2011
Date of revision:
solid waste; vehicle routing problems; literature review;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angelelli, Enrico & Grazia Speranza, Maria, 2002. "The periodic vehicle routing problem with intermediate facilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 233-247, March.
- Wu, X.Y. & Huang, G.H. & Liu, L. & Li, J.B., 2006. "An interval nonlinear program for the planning of waste management systems with economies-of-scale effects--A case study for the region of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 349-372, June.
- Huang, G. H. & Baetz, B. W. & Patry, G. G., 1995. "Grey fuzzy integer programming: An application to regional waste management planning under uncertainty," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 17-38, March.
- Li, Jing-Quan & Borenstein, Denis & Mirchandani, Pitu B., 2008. "Truck scheduling for solid waste collection in the City of Porto Alegre, Brazil," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1133-1149, December.
- Krikke, Harold & le Blanc, Ieke & van Krieken, Maaike & Fleuren, Hein, 2008. "Low-frequency collection of materials disassembled from end-of-life vehicles: On the value of on-line monitoring in optimizing route planning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 209-228, February.
- Huang, Guo H. & Baetz, Brian W. & Patry, Gilles G., 1995. "Grey integer programming: An application to waste management planning under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 594-620, June.
- Alp Ustundag & Emre Cevi̇kcan, 2008. "Vehicle Route Optimization For Rfid Integrated Waste Collection System," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(04), pages 611-625.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Janssens).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.