The Walrasian Distribution of Opportunity Sets: An Axiomatic Characterization
AbstractEconomic systems generate various distributions of opportunity sets for individuals to choose consumption bundles. This paper presents an axiomatic analysis on distributions of opportunity sets. We introduce several reasonable properties of distributions of opportunity sets, and characterize the distributions of opportunity sets in the market economy by these properties.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University in its series Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series with number gd10-158.
Date of creation: Dec 2010
Date of revision:
distribution of opportunity sets; market economy; Walrasian distribution; axiomatic characterization;
Other versions of this item:
- Tadenuma, Koichi & Xu, Yongsheng, 2010. "The Walrasian Distribution of Opportunity Sets : An Axiomatic Characterization," Discussion Papers 2010-16, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Tadenuma, Koichi & Xu, Yongsheng, 2010. "The Walrasian Distribution of Opportunity Sets : An Axiomatic Characterization," CCES Discussion Paper Series 39, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- P00 - Economic Systems - - General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-26 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbera, S. & Bossert, W. & Pattanaik, P.K., 2001.
"Ranking Sets of Objects,"
Cahiers de recherche
2001-02, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Tadenuma, Koichi & Xu, Yongsheng, 2012. "Extensions of the Fundamental Welfare Theorems in a Non-welfaristic Framework," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 53(1), pages 107-120, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.