Do Physicians Induce Demand for Medical Service?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada in its series Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series with number 18.
Date of creation: 1989
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CRL Building, 282, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1
Phone: (905) 525-9140, extension 22122
Fax: (905) 546-5211
Web page: http://www.chepa.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mireille Jacobson & Tom Y. Chang & Joseph P. Newhouse & Craig C. Earle, M.D., 2013. "Physician Agency and Competition: Evidence from a Major Change to Medicare Chemotherapy Reimbursement Policy," NBER Working Papers 19247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ubokudom, Sunday E., 1997. "Physician participation in a Medicaid managed care program, the Kansas Primary Care Network," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 139-156, August.
- Madden, David & Nolan, Anne & Nolan, Brian, 2004.
"GP Reimbursement and Visiting Behaviour in Ireland,"
HRBWP09, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- David Madden & Anne Nolan & Brian Nolan, 2005. "GP reimbursement and visiting behaviour in Ireland," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(10), pages 1047-1060.
- David Madden & Anne Nolan & Brian Nolan, 2004. "GP Reimbursement and Visiting Behaviour in Ireland," Working Papers 200426, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Léonard, Christian & Stordeur, Sabine & Roberfroid, Dominique, 2009. "Association between physician density and health care consumption: A systematic review of the evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 121-134, July.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the health-services market: accounting for quality and quantity," Post-Print halshs-00305309, HAL.
- Nolan, Anne & Nolan, Brian, 2007. "Income, Medical Card Eligibility and Access to GP Services in Ireland," Book Chapters, in: Nolan, Brian (ed.), The Provision and Use of Health Services, Health Inequalities and Health and Social Gain Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Yeh, Shu-Chuan Jennifer & Lo, Ying-Ying & Wan, Thomas T.H., 2005. "Ambulatory care visits and quality of care: does the volume-control policy matter?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 335-342, November.
- Abdelhak Nassiri & Lise Rochaix, 2006. "Revisiting physicians' financial incentives in Quebec: a panel system approach," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 49-64.
- Stuart Peacock & Jeffrey Richardson, 2007. "Supplier-induced demand: re-examining identification and misspecification in cross-sectional analysis," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 267-277, September.
- Jon Gruber & John Kim & Dina Mayzlin, 1998. "Physician Fees and Procedure Intensity: The Case of Cesarean Delivery," NBER Working Papers 6744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Bardey & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2010.
"Competition Among Health Plans: A Two-Sided Market Approach,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 435-451, 06.
- David Bardey & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2009. "Competition among health plans: a two-sided market approach," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 005217, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Liliana Chicaíza, 2005. "Fallas del mercado de la salud en Colombia: el caso de la insuficiencia renal crónica," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 7(12), pages 191-208, January-J.
- Jonathan Gruber & Maria Owings, 1994.
"Physician Financial Incentives and Cesarean Section Delivery,"
NBER Working Papers
4933, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber & Maria Owings, 1996. "Physician Financial Incentives and Cesarean Section Delivery," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(1), pages 99-123, Spring.
- Antonio Clavero Barranquero & Mª. Luz González Alvarez, 2005. "A survey of econometric models to analyze the demand and utilisation of health care," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 173(2), pages 129-162, June.
- Jostein Grytten & Rune S�rensen, 2000. "Competition and dental services," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 447-461.
- Correia Isabel & Veiga Paula, 2010. "Geographic distribution of physicians in Portugal," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 383-393, August.
- Nguyen, Xuan Nguyen, 1996. "Physician volume response to price controls," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 189-204, February.
- Michael C. Christensen & Dahlia Remler, 2007. "Information and Communications Technology in Chronic Disease Care: Why is Adoption So Slow and Is Slower Better?," NBER Working Papers 13078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008.
"Policy Analysis in the Health-Services Market: Accounting for Quality and Quantity,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the health-services market: accounting for quality and quantity," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00305309, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lyn Sauberli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.