Uniform Continuity of the Value of Zero-Sum Games with Differential Information
AbstractWe establish uniform continuity of the value for zero-sum games with differential information, when the distance between changing information fields of each player is measured by the Boylan (1971) pseudo-metric. We also show that the optimal strategy correspondence is upper semi-continuous when the information fields of players change (even with the weak topology on players' strategy sets), and is approximately lower semi-continuous.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University in its series Discussion Papers with number 2007-02.
Length: 18 p.
Date of creation: Apr 2007
Date of revision:
Note: Revised version of Discussion Paper # 04-04 of Monaster Center for Economic Research, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.hit-u.ac.jp/
More information through EDIRC
Zero-Sum Games; Differential Information; Value; Op-timal Strategies; Uniform Continuity;
Other versions of this item:
- Ezra Einy & Ori Haimanko & Diego Moreno & Benyamin Shitovitz, 2004. "Uniform Continuity Of The Value Of Zero-Sum Games With Differential Information," Economics Working Papers we041603, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ezra Einy & Ori Haimanko & Diego Moreno & Benyamin Shitovitz, 2005.
"On the continuity of equilibrium and core correspondences in economies with differential information,"
Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 793-812, November.
- Ezra Einy & Ori Haimanko & Diego Moreno & Benyamin Shitovitz, 2003. "On The Continuity Of Equilibrium And Core Correspondences In Economies With Differential Information," Economics Working Papers we032707, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Van Zandt, Timothy, 2002. "Information, measurability, and continuous behavior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 293-309, November.
- Kajii, Atsushi & Morris, Stephen, 1998.
"Payoff Continuity in Incomplete Information Games,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 267-276, September.
- Cotter, Kevin D., 1986. "Similarity of information and behavior with a pointwise convergence topology," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 25-38, February.
- Paul Milgrom & Robert Weber, 1981. "Distributional Strategies for Games with Incomplete Information," Discussion Papers 428R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Stinchcombe, Maxwell B., 1990. "Bayesian information topologies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 233-253.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.