How Well do Analysts Predict Stock Prices? Evidence from Russia
AbstractIn this research we found that 56.8% of expert recommendations on selling or buying stocks of Russian companies were profitable. We show that the recommendations being publically released have an impact on stock prices, hence market players are likely to follow the recommendations. There also no difference in an analyst’s gender and almost no difference in the day the recommen-dation was made
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Research University Higher School of Economics in its series HSE Working papers with number WP BRP 18/FE/2013.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in WP BRP Series: Financial Economics / FE, October 2013, pages 1-10
financial analyst; forecast;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2013-12-06 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-FOR-2013-12-06 (Forecasting)
- NEP-TRA-2013-12-06 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aleskerov, Fuad & Egorova, Lyudmila, 2012. "Is it so bad that we cannot recognize black swans?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 563-565.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.