Towards an Applicable True Cost-of-Living Index that Incorporates Housing
AbstractA dynamic model of consumer behavior that incorporates the demand for housing is specified such that it is consistent with the general purpose of a consumer price index. From this model a true cost-of-living index that includes housing is derived. Being an ideal index it cannot be computed without imposing additional assumptions about the behavior of the consumer, but it is possible to draw conclusions about the prices and weights that should be used in conventional approximations to such an ideal index.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Uppsala University, Department of Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number 2004:18.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 05 Nov 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Uppsala University, P. O. Box 513, SE-751 20 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone: + 46 18 471 25 00
Fax: + 46 18 471 14 78
Web page: http://www.nek.uu.se/
More information through EDIRC
True cost-of-living index; compensation index; price index of housing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Household Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Jie, 2006.
"The Dynamics of Housing Allowance Claims in Sweden: A discrete-time hazard analysis,"
Working Paper Series
2006:1, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Jie Chen, 2006. "The Dynamics of Housing Allowance Claims in Sweden: A Discrete Time-Hazard Analysis," European Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 1-29, April.
- Jie Chen, 2006. "The Dynamics of Housing Allowance Claims in Sweden: A Discrete Time-Hazard Analysis," International Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 1-29.
- Johansson, Fredrik & Klevmarken, Anders, 2006. "Explaining the size and nature of response in a survey on health status and economic standard," Working Paper Series 2006:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Berg, Lennart & Berger, Tommy, 2005. "The Q theory and the Swedish housing market –an empirical test," Working Paper Series 2005:19, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Li, Chuan-Zhong & Löfgren, Karl-Gustaf, 2012. "Growth, Pollution, and Money-Metric Welfare in Imperfect Markets," CERE Working Papers 2012:15, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Bellod Redondo, José Francisco, 2009. "El precio de la vivienda y la inflación en España," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(302), pages 379-405, abril-jun.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.