The Number of Shareholders - Time Series Modelling and Some Empirical Result
AbstractThe paper discusses some model related issues for time series of the number of shareholders in a stock. The point of departure is an integer-valued autoregressive model of order one. Empirical results are presented for some frequently traded stocks on the Finnish and Swedish stock markets. In these stock markets public records of the number of owners are reported monthly (Finland) and quarterly (Sweden, and initially at biannual) intervals. The aggregate records are useful for, e.g., indirectly estimating average holding times, which are found to vary but to mostly exceed one year.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Umeå University, Department of Economics in its series Umeå Economic Studies with number 855.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 28 Jan 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Umeå University, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Integer-valued; autoregression; nonlinear; holding time; stock; share;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-09 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell-Göran Holmberg).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.