Plants' Entry and Exit in Swedish Municipalities
AbstractPlants' entry and exit behaviour in Swedish municipalities are studied within a fixed-effect, integer-valued autoregressive model. Based on eight industrial sectors, 1985--1993, and all municipalities, models are estimated by a generalized method of moment estimator. Influences on entry and exit are systematic and spatially variable. Responses to explanatory variables differ between sectors. Average income, local unemployment and higher education are found to be important determinants of both entry and exit.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Umeå University, Department of Economics in its series Umeå Economic Studies with number 497.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 25 Mar 1999
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in The Annals of Regional Science , 2001, pages 431-448.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Umeå University, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Industrial sector; Integer-Valued Autoregression; Panel Data; GMM Estimation;
Other versions of this item:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brixy, Udo & Grotz, Reinhold, 2006. "Regional patterns and determinants of new firm formation and survival in western Germany," IAB Discussion Paper 200605, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Rudholm, Niklas & Bergström, Fredrik, 2005.
"Entry into Swedish Retail and Wholesale Trade Markets,"
HUI Working Papers
2, HUI Research.
- Sven-olov Daunfeldt & Niklas Rudholm & Fredrik Bergström, 2006. "Entry into Swedish Retail and Wholesale Trade Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 213-225, November.
- Daunfeldt , Sven-Olov & Rudholm, Niklas & Bergström, Fredrik, 2002. "Entry into Swedish Retail- and Wholesale Trade Markets," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 599, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Schanne, Norbert & Weyh, Antje, 2009. "What makes start-ups out of unemployment different?," IAB Discussion Paper 200904, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Berglund, Elisabet, 1999. "Human Capital and Regional Entry of Firms," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 500, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Pierre Huiban, 2011. "The spatial demography of new plants: urban creation and rural survival," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 73-86, July.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Teruel Carrizosa, Mercedes, 2004. "A territorial approach to firm entry: The effect of city size," Working Papers 2072/1777, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Stephan Brunow & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "Firm Formation and Agglomeration under Monopolistic Competition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-134/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Håkansson, Johan & Macuchova, Zuzana & Rudholm, Niklas, 2011. "Firm migration in the Swedish wholesale trade sector," HUI Working Papers 52, HUI Research.
- Berglund, Elisabet, 1999. "Options, Timing, and Regional Entry of Firms," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 505, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell-Göran Holmberg).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.