The neighbourhood is not what it used to be : has there been equalisation of opportunity across families and communities in Norway
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Oslo University, Department of Economics in its series Memorandum with number 36/2001.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, University of Oslo, P.O Box 1095 Blindern, N-0317 Oslo, Norway
Phone: 22 85 51 27
Fax: 22 85 50 35
Web page: http://www.oekonomi.uio.no/indexe.html
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Griliches, Zvi, 1979. "Sibling Models and Data in Economics: Beginnings of a Survey," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages S37-64, October.
- Sandra E. Black, 1997.
"Do better schools matter? Parental valuation of elementary education,"
9729, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Sandra E. Black, 1999. "Do Better Schools Matter? Parental Valuation Of Elementary Education," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(2), pages 577-599, May.
- Kremer, M., 1996.
"How Much Does Sorting Increase Inequality?,"
96-18, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Topa, Giorgio, 1997.
"Social Interactions, Local Spillovers and Unemployment,"
97-17, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Topa, Giorgio, 2001. "Social Interactions, Local Spillovers and Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 261-95, April.
- Bound, John & Griliches, Zvi & Hall, Bronwyn H, 1986. "Wages, Schooling and IQ of Brothers and Sisters: Do the Family Factors Differ?," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 77-105, February.
- Rolf Aaberge & Anders Björklund & Markus Jäntti & Peder J. Pedersen & Nina Smith & Tom Wennemo, 1997.
"Unemployment Shocks and Income Distribution How Did the Nordic Countries Fare During their Crises?,"
201, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Aaberge, Rolf, et al, 2000. " Unemployment Shocks and Income Distribution: How Did the Nordic Countries Fare during Their Crises?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(1), pages 77-99, March.
- repec:att:wimass:9217 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary Solon & Marianne E. Page & Greg J. Duncan, 2000. "Correlations Between Neighboring Children In Their Subsequent Educational Attainment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 383-392, August.
- Haegeland, T. & Klette, T.J. & Salvanes, K.G., 1999.
"Declining Returns to Education in NOrway? Comparing Estimates Across Cohorts, Sectors and Over Time,"
14/99, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Haegeland, Torbjorn & Klette, Tor Jakob & Salvanes, Kjell G, 1999. " Declining Returns to Education in Norway? Comparing Estimates across Cohorts, Sectors and Over Time," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 101(4), pages 555-76, December.
- Donna Ginther & Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 2000. "Neighborhood Attributes as Determinants of Children's Outcomes: How Robust Are the Relationships?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(4), pages 603-642.
- Lawrence Katz & B. Jeffrey Liebman, 2000.
"Moving to Opportunity in Boston: Early Results of a Randomized Mobility Experiment,"
820, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Lawrence F. Katz & Jeffrey R. Kling & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2001. "Moving To Opportunity In Boston: Early Results Of A Randomized Mobility Experiment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 116(2), pages 607-654, May.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Jeffrey R. Kling & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2000. "Moving to Opportunity in Boston: Early Results of a Randomized Mobility Experiment," NBER Working Papers 7973, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kunz, Jim & Page, Marianne E. & Solon, Gary, 2003. "Are point-in-time measures of neighborhood characteristics useful proxies for children's long-run neighborhood environment?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 231-237, May.
- Lorraine Dearden & Stephen Machin & H Reed, 1996.
"Intergenerational Mobility in Britain,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0281, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Steve Gibbons & Stephen Machin, 2001. "Valuing Primary Schools," CEE Discussion Papers 0015, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Ermisch, John & Francesconi, Marco, 2001. "Family Matters: Impacts of Family Background on Educational Attainments," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(270), pages 137-56, May.
- Solon, Gary, 1999. "Intergenerational mobility in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 29, pages 1761-1800 Elsevier.
- Marianne E. Page & Gary Solon, 2003. "Correlations between Brothers and Neighboring Boys in Their Adult Earnings: The Importance of Being Urban," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(4), pages 831-856, October.
- Bjorklund, Anders & Jantti, Markus, 1997. "Intergenerational Income Mobility in Sweden Compared to the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1009-18, December.
- Bratberg, Espen & Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Vaage, Kjell, 2002.
"Assessing Changes in Intergenerational Earnings Mobility,"
Working Papers in Economics
26/02, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Bratberg, Espen & Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Vaage, Kjell, 2003. "Assessing Changes in Intergenerational Earnings Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 797, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rhiana Bergh-Seeley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.