Testing For Skewness In Ar Conditional Volatility Models For Financial Return Series
AbstractIn this paper a test procedure is proposed for the skewness in autoregressive conditional volatility models. The size and the power of the test are investigated through a series of Monte Carlo simulations with various models. Furthermore, applications with financial data are analyzed in order to explore the applicability and the capabilities of the proposed testing procedure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Örebro University, School of Business in its series Working Papers with number 2012:4.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 21 Mar 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Örebro University School of Business, SE - 701 82 ÖREBRO, Sweden
Phone: 019-30 30 00
Fax: 019-33 25 46
Web page: http://www.oru.se/Institutioner/Handelshogskolan-vid-Orebro-universitet/
More information through EDIRC
ARCH /GARCH model; kurtosis; NoVaS; skewness. JEL Classification Codes: C01; C12; C15;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2012-03-28 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2012-03-28 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-ORE-2012-03-28 (Operations Research)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.