Advertising and Newspaper Differentiation: On the Role of Readers’ Advertising Taste
AbstractNewspapers have an incentive to moderate their profile in order to gain a larger readership and thus higher advertising revenue. We show that this incentive is weakened both if readers are ad-haters and if they are ad-lovers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 2007/4.
Length: 6 pages
Date of creation: 13 Feb 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: NHH, Department of Business and Management Science, Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway
Phone: +47 55 95 92 93
Fax: +47 55 95 96 50
Web page: http://www.nhh.no/en/research-faculty/department-of-business-and-management-science.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Media; Two-sided Markets; Product Differentiation; Hotelling;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-02-17 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CUL-2007-02-17 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2007-02-17 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2007-02-17 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & LAUSSEL, Didier & SONNAC, Nathalie, .
"Press advertising and the ascent of the `Pensée Unique',"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1512, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Laussel, Dider & Sonnac, Nathalie, 2001. "Press advertising and the ascent of the 'Pensee Unique'," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 641-651, May.
- Gabszewicz, Jean J & Laussel, Didier & Sonnac, Nathalie, 2002.
" Press Advertising and the Political Differentiation of Newspapers,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 4(3), pages 317-34.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & LAUSSEL, Didier & SONNAC, Nathalie, . "Press advertising and the political differentiation of newspapers," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1561, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stein Fossen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.