Institutional conditions and innovation systems: on the impact of regional policy on firms in different sectors
AbstractThis paper deals with institutional conditions in regional innovation systems; how institutions affect the organization of innovation activities among firms, and in what ways regional policy initiatives can be supportive. The analysis draws on data on innovation networks and activities in the life science, media, and food industries. The theoretical framework takes account of the ways in which regional policies are able to impact individuals’ and organizations’ action in relation to each other by being internalized. It is argued that such ability is decisive for the success or failure of the policy initiative. Three cases of regional policy targeting the promotion of innovation in different industries in Sweden are analyzed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy in its series Papers in Innovation Studies with number 2011/13.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 27 Feb 2012
Date of revision:
regional innovation systems; knowledge; institutions; innovation; policy;
Other versions of this item:
- Jerker Moodysson & Elena Zukauskaite, 2014. "Institutional Conditions and Innovation Systems: On the Impact of Regional Policy on Firms in Different Sectors," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(1), pages 127-138, January.
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-03-08 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2012-03-08 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2012-03-08 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2012-03-08 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2012-03-08 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2012-03-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moodysson , Jerker & Sack , Lionel, 2013. "Authenticity renewal â€“ institutions, innovation systems, and Cognac evolution (when the rules of the game donâ€™t change)," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy 2013/36, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Moodysson , Jerker & Sack , Lionel, 2013. "Innovation under the protected label of origin: heritage, influence and expanding horizons in Cognac," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy 2013/40, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Grillitsch).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.