Innovation policies for development: towards a systemic experimentation based approach
AbstractThis paper sheds light on how to address, conceptualize and design innovation policies taking into account the specific characteristics of innovation systems in developing countries. The main purpose is to reflect on the policy implications of adopting the innovation system perspective to the particularities of developing countries
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy in its series CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers with number 2010/1.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 30 Jan 2010
Date of revision:
innovation systems; innovation policies; developing countries;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2010-12-11 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2010-12-11 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kitagawa, Fumi & Wigren, Caroline, 2010. "From Basic Research to Innovation: Entrepreneurial Intermediaries for Research Commercialization at Swedish ‘Strong Research Environments’," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2010/2, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Mikel Navarro, . "Reflexiones sobre el sistema y las políticas de innovación del País Vasco," Working Papers 2010R04, Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
- Isaksen, Arne & Nilsson, Magnus, 2011. "Linking scientific and practical knowledge in innovation systems," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2011/12, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Isaksen, Arne & Nilsson, Magnus, 2012. "Combined Innovation Policy: Linking Scientific and Practical Knowledge in Innovation Systems," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144864, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Plechero, Monica & Chaminade, Cristina, 2010. "Different competences, different modes in the globalization of innovation?. A comparative study of the Pune and Beijing regions," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2010/3, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Mikhail Kuzyk & Yury Simachev, 2013. "Russia's Innovation Promotion Policies: Their Evolution, Achievements, Problems and Lessons," Published Papers 164, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Grillitsch).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.