Lecture Notes on International Trade and Imperfect Competition
AbstractThese notes discuss some of the main results and models from the theory of international trade under imperfect competition. They are necessairy both selective and superficial. Multinationals are conspicuous by their absence, and the reader is referred to Markusen (1995) for a recent survey. Up to date and exhaustive treatments of othe topics are provided in volume III of the the Handbook of international Economics, published in 1995.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Institute of Industrial Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number 463.
Length: 55 pages
Date of creation: 18 Jun 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Research Institute of Industrial Economics, Box 55665, SE-102 15 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 665 4500
Fax: +46 8 665 4599
Web page: http://www.ifn.se/
More information through EDIRC
INTERNATIONAL TRADE; COMPETITION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1988.
"Trade policy with increasing returns and imperfect competition : Contradictory results from competing assumptions,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3-4), pages 299-316, May.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1986. "Trade Policy with Increasing Returns and Imperfect Competition: Contradictory Results from Competing Assumptions," CEPR Discussion Papers 120, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.