AbstractThis handbook explains the simulation model IFSIM. IFSIM is an agent based simulation model written in JAVA. The model is constructed for analyzing demographic and economic issues. The aim of the model is to include the main consumption and production patterns over the life-cycle and thus being able to test demo-economic interactions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Futures Studies in its series Arbetsrapport with number 2009:7.
Length: 54 pages
Date of creation: 20 May 2009
Date of revision:
Note: ISSN: 1652-120X; ISBN: 978-91-85619-46-7
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Institute for Futures Studies, Box 591, SE-101 31 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: 08-402 12 00
Fax: 08-24 50 14
Web page: http://www.framtidsstudier.se
More information through EDIRC
agent-based modelling; simulation model; JAVA; demogrphy; economy; demo-economic interactions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2009-06-10 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2009-06-10 (Computational Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baroni, Elisa, 2011. "Effects of sharing the parental leave on pensioners' poverty and gender inequality in old age: A simulation in IFSIM," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 268-286, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabina Nilsson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.