Finite dimensional Markovian realizations for stochastic volatility forward rate models
AbstractWe consider forward rate rate models of HJM type, as well as more general infinite dimensional SDEs, where the volatility/diffusion term is stochastic in the sense of being driven by a separate hidden Markov process. Within this framework we use the previously developed Hilbert space realization theory in order provide general necessary and sufficent conditions for the existence of a finite dimensional Markovian realizations for the stochastic volatility models. We illustrate the theory by analyzing a number of concrete examples.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stockholm School of Economics in its series Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance with number 498.
Length: 47 pages
Date of creation: 29 Apr 2002
Date of revision: 06 May 2002
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
HJM models; stochastic volatility; factor models; forward rates; state space models; Markovian realizations; infinite dimensional SDEs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Bhar & C. Chiarella, 1997.
"Transformation of Heath?Jarrow?Morton models to Markovian systems,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-26.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1995. "Transformation of Heath-Jarrow-Morton Models to Markovian Systems," Working Paper Series 53, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 1999.
"Forward Rate Dependent Markovian Transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Model,"
Research Paper Series
5, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh Kang Kwon, 2001. "Forward rate dependent Markovian transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton term structure model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 237-257.
- Tomas Björk & Bent Jesper Christensen, 1999.
"Interest Rate Dynamics and Consistent Forward Rate Curves,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 323-348.
- Björk, Tomas & Christensen, Bent Jesper, 1997. "Interest Rate Dynamics and Consistent Forward Rate Curves," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 209, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Tomas Björk, . "Interest Rate Dynamics and Consistent Forward Rate Curves," Management Working Papers 1999-4, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Tomas BjÃrk & Andrea Gombani, 1999. "Minimal realizations of interest rate models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 413-432.
- Ernst Eberlein & Sebastian Raible, 1999. "Term Structure Models Driven by General Lévy Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 31-53.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Andrew Mark Jeffrey, 1995. "Single Factor Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Models Based on Markov Spot Interest Rate Dynamics," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm46, Yale School of Management.
- Jeffrey, Andrew, 1995. "Single Factor Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Models Based on Markov Spot Interest Rate Dynamics," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(04), pages 619-642, December.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 69-96, November.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Peter Ritchken & L. Sankarasubramanian, 1995. "Volatility Structures Of Forward Rates And The Dynamics Of The Term Structure," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 55-72.
- Raoul Pietersz & Antoon Pelsser & Marcel van Regenmortel, 2005. "Fast drift approximated pricing in the BGM model," Finance 0502005, EconWPA.
- Björk, Tomas, 2003. "On the Geometry of Interest Rate Models," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 545, Stockholm School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.