From Royal Academy of Science to Reserach Institute of Society - long term policy convergence of Swedish Knowledge intermediaries
AbstractIn this paper, the formation of intermediary organizations of knowledge transfer in Sweden during the Cold War will be described and analysed. Here, intermediary organizations of knowledge transfer are defined as organizations aiming to transfer knowledge between knowledge producers and potential knowledge users (knowledge intermediaries for short). In theory, such organizations supply a platform for interaction between economic and academic life with problem-solving potential as well as development capability for the former and research opportunities for the latter.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies in its series Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation with number 121.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 02 Apr 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies, Royal Institute of Technology, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 790 95 63
Web page: http://www.infra.kth.se/cesis/
More information through EDIRC
knowledge intermediaries; policy convergence; innovation systems; system evolution;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2008-04-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2008-04-15 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-IPR-2008-04-15 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-KNM-2008-04-15 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.