The BOF5 Macroeconomic Model of Finland, Structure and Equations
AbstractThis report is the basic documentation of the present (fifth) version of the Bank of Finland macroeconomic model, BOF5, built for policy simulation and forecasting. In constructing the model, consistent treatment of expectations is emphasized. Following current theoretical literature, intertemporal optimization with rational expectations is taken as the starting point, and Euler equations are applied in the estimation of the key behavioural equations. Consistent treatment of technology on the supply side has been another important aim. We illustrate the properties of the model with some simulation experiments. A complete list of equations and an outline of the derivation of the key equations are presented. We also show how forward-looking equations have been transformed to facilitate simulation under alternative assumptions concerning the formation of expectations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bank of Finland in its series Research Discussion Papers with number 10/1998.
Length: 170 pages
Date of creation: 03 Jun 1998
Date of revision:
macroeconomic models; Finland; econometric modelling; policy simulations; expectations; Euler equations;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mayes, David G. & Viren, Matti, 1998.
"The Exchange Rate and Monetary Conditions in the Euro Area,"
Research Discussion Papers
27/1998, Bank of Finland.
- David Mayes & Matti Virén, 2000. "The exchange rate and monetary conditions in the Euro area," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 136(2), pages 199-231, June.
- Lindberg, Sara, 1999. "Consumption and Capital Mobility in the Nordic Countries," Working Paper Series 1999:6, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Shy, Oz & Tarkka, Juha, 2002.
"The Market for Electronic Cash Cards,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 299-314, May.
- Ingvild Svendsen, 1999. "Female labour participation rates in Norway - trends and cycles," Discussion Papers 253, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.