Transitions to Employment from Labour Market Enterprises in Norway
AbstractWe analyse a labour market programme for partly disabled workers that involves the transition from Labour Market Enterprises to a job in the ordinary labour market. We find that the percentage of these people finding jobs after a maximum two-year programme period has increased over time. In 1995, 28 per cent became employed in the ordinary job market in that year after they have left the programme. Exit rates to employment increased to 36 per cent in 1998 and to 39 per cent in 1999. We also find heterogeneity in the job transitions. Employment ratios for men are relatively stable over time, varying between 30 and 40 per cent over the period 1995–1999. For women, however, we find a significant change in employment ratios, with 21 per cent finding a job in 1995 and 40 per cent in 1999. In 1995, employment ratios for female participants were below those of male participants, although there was no difference over the whole period studied (1995–1999). In 1999, the average transition rate to employment was higher for female than for male participants.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Bergen, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers in Economics with number 07/04.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: 06 Nov 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Institutt for økonomi, Universitetet i Bergen, Postboks 7802, 5020 Bergen, Norway
Web page: http://www.uib.no/econ/en
More information through EDIRC
labour market enterprises; vocational rehabilitation; disability; employment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markus Frölich & Almas Heshmati & Michael Lechner, 2000. "Mikroökonometrische Evaluierung berufsbezogener Rehabilitation in Schweden," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 136(III), pages 433-461, September.
- Westlie, Lars, 2008. "Norwegian Vocational Rehabilitation Programs: Improving Employability and Preventing Disability?," Memorandum 24/2008, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Stilianos Alexiadis, 2010. "Interregional Differences in Adoptive Abilities: An Alternative Framework," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 41-52, June.
- Stavros Rodokanakis, 2010. "A Non-Experimental Evaluation of Unemployment Risk in Crete and the Ionian Islands: Regional Evidence for Greece," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(4), pages 44-63.
- Evis Kushi & Enkela Caca, 2010. "Some Problems of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in Albanian Holiday Hotels," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 63-70, June.
- Rudiger Hamm, 2010. "Some Supplementary Regional Economic Effects of a Premier League Soccer Club: Theoretical and empirical Considerations beyond Regional Multiplier Analysis," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 53-62, June.
- Stavros Rodokanakis & Irini Moustaki, 2010. "Evaluating the risk of unemployment: Comparison between the two most populated Greek regions with the entire country," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 71-94, June.
- Antoneta Polo, 2010. "Globalism - the important factor of the life of the countries of the region in general and of Albania in particular," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 33-40, June.
- Kluve, Jochen, 2010. "The effectiveness of European active labor market programs," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 904-918, December.
- Stavros Rodokanakis, 2010. "Unemployment Risk in Southern Greece," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 13(35), pages 55-82, (1).
- Georgios Karras, 2010. "REGIONAL ECONOMIC GROWTH AND CONVERGENCE, 1950-2007: Some Empirical Evidence," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 11-24, June.
- Stephanos Karagiannis & Dimitrios Apostolou, 2010. "Regional Tourism Development using Linear Programming and Vector Analysis," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 25-32, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell Erik Lommerud).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.