Activity Based Costing as a method for assessing the economics of modularization - a case study and beyond
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies in its series Management Accounting Research Group Working Papers with number M-2005-04.
Length: 45 pages
Date of creation: 09 Oct 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Aarhus School of Business, Fuglesangs Allé 4, DK-8210 Aarhus V, Denmark
Fax: + 45 86 15 19 43
Web page: http://www.asb.dk/about/departments/bs.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Activity Based Costing; Modularization; Commonality; Product costing; Case study;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Potter, Gordon & Schroeder, Roger G., 1995. "An empirical analysis of manufacturing overhead cost drivers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 115-137, February.
- Foster, George & Gupta, Mahendra, 1990. "Manufacturing overhead cost driver analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-3), pages 309-337, January.
- Kaplan, Robert S., 1986. "The role for empirical research in management accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 11(4-5), pages 429-452, July.
- Homburg, Carsten, 2005. "Using relative profits as an alternative to activity-based costing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 387-397, March.
- Kevin Weng, Z., 1999. "Risk-pooling over demand uncertainty in the presence of product modularity," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 75-85, May.
- Hau L. Lee & Christopher S. Tang, 1997. "Modelling the Costs and Benefits of Delayed Product Differentiation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(1), pages 40-53, January.
- David A. Collier, 1982. "Aggregate Safety Stock Levels and Component Part Commonality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(11), pages 1296-1303, November.
- Nepal, Bimal & Monplaisir, Leslie & Singh, Nanua, 2005. "Integrated fuzzy logic-based model for product modularization during concept development phase," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 157-174, May.
- Perera, H. S. C. & Nagarur, Nagen & Tabucanon, Mario T., 1999. "Component part standardization: A way to reduce the life-cycle costs of products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 109-116, April.
- Ben-Arieh, David & Qian, Li, 2003. "Activity-based cost management for design and development stage," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 169-183, February.
- V. Krishnan & Saurabh Gupta, 2001. "Appropriateness and Impact of Platform-Based Product Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(1), pages 52-68, January.
- Brun, Alessandro & Capra, Eugenio & Miragliotta, Giovanni, 2009. "VRP revisited: The impact of behavioural costs in balancing standardisation and variety," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 16-29, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helle Vinbaek Stenholt).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.