National strategies for technology adoption in the industrial sector: Lessons of recent experience in the developing regions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in its series Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) with number HDOCPA-2001-08.
Length: 82 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2001
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published as background research for the 2001 Human Development Report.
human development; technology;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Y8 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines
- Z00 - Other Special Topics - - General - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1996. "Some Lessons from the East Asian Miracle," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 151-77, August.
- Teubal, Morris, 1996. "R&D and technology policy in NICs as learning processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 449-460, March.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1996. "Coordination failures and government policy: A model with applications to East Asia and Eastern Europe," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 1-22, February.
- Metcalfe, J S, 1995. "Technology Systems and Technology Policy in an Evolutionary Framework," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 25-46, February.
- repec:fth:iniesr:430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pack, Howard & Saggi, Kamal, 1997. "Inflows of Foreign Technology and Indigenous Technological Development," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 81-98, February.
- Sanjaya Lall, 2000. "The Technological Structure and Performance of Developing Country Manufactured Exports, 1985-98," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 337-369.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-74, February.
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1990.
"Human Capital, Product Quality, and Growth,"
883, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-75, September.
- Wong Poh-Kam, 1995. "Competing in the global electronics industry: A comparative study of the innovation networks of Singapore and Taiwan," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 35-61.
- Krugman, Paul R & Venables, Anthony J, 1995.
"Globalization and the Inequality of Nations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 110(4), pages 857-80, November.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J., 1995. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," Working Paper Series 430, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J., 1994. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," CEPR Discussion Papers 1015, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 1995. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," NBER Working Papers 5098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong Wha, 1996. "International Measures of Schooling Years and Schooling Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 218-23, May.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Teubal, Morris, 1998. ""Market-stimulating" technology policies in developing countries: A framework with examples from East Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1369-1385, August.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1995. "Recent Evolutionary Theorizing about Economic Change," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 48-90, March.
- Pack, Howard & Westphal, Larry E., 1986. "Industrial strategy and technological change : Theory versus reality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 87-128, June.
- Goldman, M. & Ergas, H. & Ralph, E. & Felker, G., 1997. "Technology Institutions and Policies. Their Role in Developing Technological Capability in Industry," Papers 383, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Cai, Jing & Tylecote, Andrew, 2008. "Corporate governance and technological dynamism of Chinese firms in mobile telecommunications: A quantitative study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1790-1811, December.
- Spanos, Yiannis E. & Voudouris, Irini, 2009. "Antecedents and trajectories of AMT adoption: The case of Greek manufacturing SMEs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 144-155, February.
- Walker, M.I. & Minnitt, R.C.A., 2006. "Understanding the dynamics and competitiveness of the South African minerals inputs cluster," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 12-26, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.