The CSB-Minimum Income Protection Indicators dataset (CSB-MIPI)
AbstractThis working paper aims at describing the content, methodology, strengths and weaknesses of the CSB-Minimum Income Protection Indicators dataset (CSB-MIPI). The CSB-MIPI dataset provides data on the three main pillars of minimum income protection (minimum wages, social assistance for working age households and guaranteed pensions) for 27 countries. This dataset contains information on long-term trends in the level of both gross and net benefit levels. Moreover, it addresses the conditionality of social assistance benefits, the associated rights and inkind benefits and the impact of the financial and economic crisis on minimum income protection policy. This working paper discusses the scope, set-up and methodology of the CSB-MIPI data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp in its series Working Papers with number 1105.
Date of creation: Apr 2011
Date of revision:
CSB-MIPI; European Union; guaranteed minimum income; elderly; minimum income protection; minimum income protection elderly; minimum wage; model family approach; social assistance;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelson, Kenneth, 2007. "Introducing SaMip: The Social Assistance and Minimum Income Protection Interim Dataset," Working Paper Series 11/2007, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Herwig Immervoll & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2003.
"Welfare Benefits and Work Incentives. An Analysis of the Distribution of Net Replacement Rates in Europe using EUROMOD, a Multi- Country Microsimulation Model,"
Labor and Demography
- Immervoll, Herwig & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2002. "Welfare benefits and work incentives: an analysis of the distribution of net replacement rates in Europe using EUROMOD, a multi-country microsimulation model," EUROMOD Working Papers EM4/01, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Olivier Bargain & Herwig Immervoll & Heikki Viitamäki, 2009.
"No Claim, No Pain - Measuring the Non-Take-up of Social Assistance using Register Data,"
200931, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Olivier Bargain & Herwig Immervoll & Heikki Viitamäki, 2012. "No claim, no pain. Measuring the non-take-up of social assistance using register data," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 375-395, September.
- Bargain, Olivier & Immervoll, Herwig & Viitamäki, Heikki, 2010. "No Claim, No Pain: Measuring the Non-Take-up of Social Assistance Using Register Data," IZA Discussion Papers 5355, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tim GoedemÃ© & Wim Van Lancker, 2009. "A Universal Basic Pension for Europe's Elderly: Options and Pitfalls," Basic Income Studies, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 5.
- Denis Anne & Yannick L’Horty, 2009. "Les effets du revenu de Solidarité active sur les gains du retour à l'emploi," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 60(3), pages 767-776.
- Atkinson, Tony & Cantillon, Bea & Marlier, Eric & Nolan, Brian, 2002. "Social Indicators: The EU and Social Inclusion," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199253494, July.
- Virginia Hernanz & Franck Malherbet & Michele Pellizzari, 2004. "Take-Up of Welfare Benefits in OECD Countries: A Review of the Evidence," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 17, OECD Publishing.
- Bea Cantillon & Wim Van Lancker, 2011. "Solidarity and reciprocity in the social investment state: what can be learned from the case of Flemish school allowances and truancy?," Working Papers 1109, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Bérénice Storms & Tim Goedemé & Karel Van den Bosch & Kristof Devuyst, 2013. "Towards a common framework for developing cross-nationally comparable reference budgets in Europe," ImPRovE Working Papers 13/02, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Mechelen, N. (Natascha) van & Sarah Marchal, 2012. "GINI DP 55: Struggle for Life: Social Assistance Benefits, 1992-2009," GINI Discussion Papers 55, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Bea Cantillon & Natascha Van Mechelen & Olivier Pintelon & Aaron Van den Heede, 2012. "Household Work Intensity and the Adequacy of Social Protection in the EU," Working Papers 1204, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wim Van Lancker).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.