Medium-Term Industrial Labor Demand Forecast for Hungary
AbstractThis study forecasts the Hungarian labor demand for 10 broad economic sectors for 2015. Using aggregate data for the period of 1992-2010 and a structural macroeconomic model, we find that the relative importance of agriculture and industry is likely to fall in total employment while the share of construction, trade and financial intermediation will increase.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences in its series Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market with number 1111.
Date of creation: Aug 2011
Date of revision:
labor demand; forecasting; Hungary;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brown, J. David & Earle, John S. & Telegdy, Álmos, 2008.
"Employment and Wage Effects of Privatization: Evidence from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3688, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- J. DavidBrown & JohnS. Earle & �lmos Telegdy, 2010. "Employment and Wage Effects of Privatisation: Evidence from Hungary, Romania, Russia and Ukraine," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(545), pages 683-708, 06.
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, . "Employment and Wage Effects of Privatisation: Evidence from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles jse2010, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- J. David Brown & John Earle & Álmos Telegdy, 2008. "Employment and Wage Effects of Privatization: Evidence from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine," CERT Discussion Papers 0807, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Gong, Yundan & Görg, Holger & Maioli, Sara, 2006.
"Employment Effects of Privatisation and Foreign Acquisition of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2453, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yundan Gong & Holger Gorg & Sara Maioli, 2007. "Employment Effects of Privatisation and Foreign Acquisition of Chinese State-owned Enterprises," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 197-214.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.