AbstractThis paper briefly presents the life of Abram Bergson (Burk). It summarizes its most important contributions to economic theory : microeconomics, welfare economics, comparative economics and sovietology. The role of value judgments in the construction of social indexes or in the comparison of systems is especially highlighted.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Working Papers with number halshs-00907159.
Date of creation: 21 Nov 2013
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00907159
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Bergson; Burk; Welfare economics; Sovietology;
Other versions of this item:
- Antoinette Baujard, 2013. "Abram Bergson," Working Papers, Groupe d'Analyse et de ThÃ©orie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), UniversitÃ© Lyon 2, Ecole Normale SupÃ©rieure 1334, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- B2 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abram Bergson, 1967. "Market Socialism Revisited," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 655.
- Bergson, Abram, 1976. "Social choice and welfare economics under representative government," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 171-190, October.
- Bergson, Abram, 1973. "On Monopoly Welfare Losses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 63(5), pages 853-70, December.
- Bergson, Abram, 1980. "Consumer's surplus and income redistribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 31-47, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.