Firm's Network versus Board Members' Network: Who to Appoint?
AbstractA crucial question at the center of corporate governance theories and of the literature on social networks alike is the sense of empower of prestige, or influence on the actors of a social network. This paper approaches the possibility of measuring this influence by detecting key individuals who support network dynamics. By means of a study conducted on a sample of CAC 40 directors, it will be shown that the most influential elements are not necessarily the best placed at the beginning. Contrary to all expectations, a dynamics of influence is based on criteria of indispensability to the network that will be presented as an example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Working Papers with number hal-00829905.
Date of creation: 13 Mar 2013
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00829905
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew O. Jackson & Brian W. Rogers, 2007. "Meeting Strangers and Friends of Friends: How Random Are Social Networks?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 890-915, June.
- Deng, Ke & Zhao, Heping & Li, Dejun, 2007. "Effect of node deleting on network structure," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 379(2), pages 714-726.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Corporate Governance: Some Theory and Implications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 678-89, May.
- Laurence Godard & Alain Schatt, 2004. "Les déterminants de la "qualité" des conseils d'administration français," Working Papers CREGO 1040603, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2003. "Le point sur... les réseaux d'administrateurs et de dirigeants," Working Papers CREGO 1030801, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.