Limit Laws in Transaction-Level Asset Price Models
AbstractWe consider pure-jump transaction-level models for asset prices in continuous time, driven by point processes. In a bivariate model that admits cointegration, we allow for time deformations to account for such effects as intraday seasonal patterns in volatility, and non-trading periods that may be different for the two assets. We also allow for asymmetries (leverage effects). We obtain the asymptotic distribution of the log-price process. We also obtain the asymptotic distribution of the ordinary least-squares estimator of the cointegrating parameter based on data sampled from an equally-spaced discretization of calendar time, in the case of weak fractional cointegration. For this same case, we obtain the asymptotic distribution for a tapered estimator under more
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Working Papers with number hal-00583372.
Date of creation: 04 Apr 2011
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00583372
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Point processes; fractional cointegration;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-04-16 (Econometrics)
- NEP-MST-2011-04-16 (Market Microstructure)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rohit Deo & Clifford Hurvich & Philippe Soulier & Yi Wang, 2005. "Propagation of Memory Parameter from Durations to Counts," Econometrics 0511010, EconWPA.
- BAUWENS, Luc & VEREDAS, David, .
"The stochastic conditional duration model: a latent variable model for the analysis of financial durations,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1688, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bauwens, Luc & Veredas, David, 2004. "The stochastic conditional duration model: a latent variable model for the analysis of financial durations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 381-412, April.
- Prigent, J.L., 1997.
"Option Pricing with a General Market Point Process,"
9736, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- J. L. Prigent, 1997. "Option pricing with a general marked point process," THEMA Working Papers 97-36, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Ghysels, Eric & Santa-Clara, Pedro & Valkanov, Rossen, 2006.
"Predicting volatility: getting the most out of return data sampled at different frequencies,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 59-95.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "Predicting Volatility: Getting the Most out of Return Data Sampled at Different Frequencies," NBER Working Papers 10914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "Predicting Volatility: Getting the Most out of Return Data Sampled at Different Frequencies," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-19, CIRANO.
- Carrasco, Marine & Chen, Xiaohong, 2002. "Mixing And Moment Properties Of Various Garch And Stochastic Volatility Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 17-39, February.
- Deo, Rohit & Hurvich, Clifford & Lu, Yi, 2006.
"Forecasting realized volatility using a long-memory stochastic volatility model: estimation, prediction and seasonal adjustment,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 29-58.
- Rohit Deo & Clifford Hurvich & Yi Lu, 2005. "Forecasting Realized Volatility Using a Long Memory Stochastic Volatility Model: Estimation, Prediction and Seasonal Adjustment," Econometrics 0501002, EconWPA.
- Bougerol, Philippe & Picard, Nico, 1992. "Stationarity of Garch processes and of some nonnegative time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 115-127.
- Wen Cao & Clifford Hurvich & Philippe Soulier, 2012. "Drift in transcation-level asset price models," Working Papers hal-00756372, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.