Do incentive systems spur work motivations of inventors in high-tech firms
AbstractIn this article, we explore the potential tensions between the incentive systems of group of inventors and knowledge diversity in a high tech firm.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00930186.
Date of creation: 2014
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 2014, 24, 135-157
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00930186
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Work motivation; groups of inventors; knowledge diversity; Knowledge creation;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2014-04-11 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
- NEP-HRM-2014-04-11 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-INO-2014-04-11 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2014-04-11 (Small Business Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anna Grandori, 2001. "Neither Hierarchy nor Identity: Knowledge-Governance Mechanisms and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 381-399, September.
- Guido Friebel & Mariassunta Giannetti, 2002.
"Fighting for Talent: Risk-shifting, Corporate Volatility, and Organizational Change,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
793, CESifo Group Munich.
- Friebel, Guido & Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2002. "Fighting for Talent: Risk-Shifting, Corporate Volatility, and Organizational Change," CEPR Discussion Papers 3610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marengo, L, 1992. "Coordination and Organizational Learning in the Firm," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 313-26, December.
- Cécile Ayerbe & Nathalie Lazaric & Michel Callois & Mitkova Liliana, 2011. "Nouveaux enjeux d'organisation de la propriété intellectuelle dans les industries complexes: une discussion à partir du cas Thales," Working Papers hal-00599735, HAL.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Alain Raybaut, 2005. "Knowledge, hierarchy and the selection of routines: an interpretative model with group interactions," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 393-421, October.
- Sidney G. Winter, 2012. "Capabilities: Their Origins and Ancestry," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(8), pages 1402-1406, December.
- Lazaric, Nathalie, 2011.
"Organizational routines and cognition: an introduction to empirical and analytical contributions,"
Journal of Institutional Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 147-156, June.
- Nathalie Lazaric, 2011. "Organizational routines and cognition: an introduction to empirical an analytical contributions," Post-Print hal-00599719, HAL.
- Ulrich Witt, 2009.
"Emergence and Functionality of Organizational Routines An Individualistic Approach,"
Papers on Economics and Evolution
2009-24, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Witt, Ulrich, 2011. "Emergence and functionality of organizational routines: an individualistic approach," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 157-174, June.
- James Bessen & Eric Maskin, 2006.
"Sequential Innovation, Patents, and Imitation,"
Economics Working Papers
0025, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Olivier DUPOUËT (BETA UMR CNRS 7522) & Murat YILDIZOGLU (IFReDE-E3i), 2003.
"Organizational performance in hierarchies and communities of practice,"
Cahiers du GRES
2003-06, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Dupouet, Olivier & Yildizoglu, Murat, 2006. "Organizational performance in hierarchies and communities of practice," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 668-690, December.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Alain Raybaut, 2007. "Knowledge, Hierarchy and incentives: Why human resource policy and trust matter," Post-Print hal-00453292, HAL.
- Lanse Minkler, 2002.
"Shirking and Motivations in Firms: Survey Evidence on Worker Attitudes,"
2002-40, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Minkler, Lanse, 2004. "Shirking and motivations in firms: survey evidence on worker attitudes," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 863-884, June.
- Lanse Minkler, 2002. "Shirking and Motivation in Firms: Survey Evidence on Worker Attitudes," Working papers 2002-37, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- OWAN Hideo & NAGAOKA Sadao, 2011. "Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivations of Inventors," Discussion papers 11022, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Bart Nooteboom, 2000. "Learning by Interaction: Absorptive Capacity, Cognitive Distance and Governance," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 69-92, March.
- John R. Hauser, 1998. "Research, Development, and Engineering Metrics," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1670-1689, December.
- Guido Friebel & Mariassunta Giannetti, 2009. "Fighting for Talent: Risk-Taking, Corporate Volatility and Organisation Change," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(540), pages 1344-1373, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.