An organisational design approach of business environments: the case of Barcamps milieu in Paris
AbstractShifting business environment is often described as a decisive factor for organisational transformations. Various levels of organisation are proposed by the literature in order for an enterprise to be able to handle factors that outreach their boundaries. In this paper, we examine the case of Barcamps, a novel organisational pattern addressing issues beyond productivity and efficiency. We propose an analysis of its design parameters and functional requirements, contributing to the research and practice of organisational design beyond the boundaries of a specific organisation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00796937.
Date of creation: 23 Nov 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, International Journal of Organisational Design and Engineering, 2011, 1, 4/2011, 315-330
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00796937
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
open innovation; start-ups; innovation networks; business environments; organisational design; France; organisational transformations;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Auray, Nicolas, 2007. "Folksonomy: the New Way to Serendipity," MPRA Paper 4582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Segrestin, Blanche, 2005. "Partnering to explore: The Renault-Nissan Alliance as a forerunner of new cooperative patterns," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 657-672, June.
- Cardon, Dominique & Cardon, Christophe, 2007. "The Strength of Weak Cooperation:an Attempt to Understand the Meaning of Web 2.0," MPRA Paper 4581, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joel West & Karim Lakhani, 2008. "Getting Clear About Communities in Open Innovation," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 223-231.
- Nakhla, Michel, 2003. "Information, coordination and contractual relations in firms," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 101-119, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.