A best evidence synthesis on the link between budgetary participation and managerial performance
AbstractUsing the best evidence synthesis method [Slavin, (1995)], we find out an accurate summary on the link between budgetary participation (BP) and managerial performance (MP). The use of selection criteria allowed to decrease the heterogeneity. Our results report the presence of the heterogeneity by cultural and industrial contingencies. American surveys reveal a significant positive link but suffer from heterogeneity of the sample. Under the sample homogeneity principle, Australian surveys reveal a non-significant negative link and only Taiwanese surveys reveal a positive and significant link. This last result has to encourage researchers to continue the study of publicly traded firms in the Taiwan Stock Exchange to study the causal link between the two variables with a Granger test and to study the evolution of this link over time in other countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00736237.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, 2010, 5, 2, 34-47
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00736237
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Best evidence synthesis; Budgetary participation; Managerial performance; Meta-analysis; Subgroup analysis;
Other versions of this item:
- A.B. Bonache & J. Maurice, 2010. "A Best Evidence Synthesis On The Link Between Budgetary Participation And Managerial Performance," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 5(2(12)/Sum), pages 34-47.
- Bonache, Adrien & Maurice, Jonathan & Moris, Karen, 2010. "A Best evidence synthesis on the link between budgetary participation and managerial performance," MPRA Paper 20924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Karen Moris, 2010. "A Best Evidence Synthesis on the Link Between Budgetary Participation and Managerial Performance," Working Papers CREGO 1101002, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- M49 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Other
- C89 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lau, Chong M. & Low, Liang C. & Eggleton, Ian R. C., 1995. "The impact of reliance on accounting performance measures on job-related tension and managerial performance: Additional evidence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 359-381, July.
- Bonache, Adrien & Maurice, Jonathan & Georgescu, Irène, 2009.
"Enseignement d'une meta-analyse sur le lien participation budgétaire-performance managériale
[Lesson from Meta-analysis for the relation between budgetary participation and managerial performance," MPRA Paper 12958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Karen Moris, 2010. "Participation budgétaire et performance managériale:Une combinaison de méta-analyses -Budgetary participation and managerial performance:A combination of meta-analyses," Working Papers CREGO 1101001, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Moris Karen & Irène Georgescu, 2009. "Enseignements D'Une Meta-Analyse Sur Le Lien Participation Budgetaire-Performance Manageriale," Post-Print halshs-00460130, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.