Efficiency in auctions with crossholdings
AbstractWe study the impact of crossholdings on the efficiency of the standard auction formats. The ascending auction is not equivalent to the second-price auction. In a class of examples, the ascending auction is the only efficient standard auction format.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00702434.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Applied Economics Letters, 2003, 80, 1, 1-7
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00702434
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Auctions ; Efficiency ; Crossholdings;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael R. Baye & Dan Kovenock & Casper G. de Vries, 2009.
"Contests with Rank-Order Spillovers,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
09-066/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michael R. Baye & Dan Kovenock & Casper G. de Vries, 2008. "Contests with Rank-Order Spillovers," Working Papers 2008-20, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Baye, Michael R. & Kovenock, Dan & Vries, Casper G. de, 2009. "Contests with rank-order spillovers," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2009-09, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Lu, Jingfeng, 2012. "Optimal auctions with asymmetric financial externalities," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 561-575.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2009066 is not listed on IDEAS
- Konrad, Kai A., 2005.
"Silent Interests and All-Pay Auctions,"
2005/8, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Kai A. Konrad, 2005. "Silent Interests and All-Pay Auctions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1473, CESifo Group Munich.
- Konrad, Kai Andreas, 2005. "Silent interests and all-pay auctions," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2005-10, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Fu, Qiang & Lu, Jingfeng, 2013. "Competitive effect of cross-shareholdings in all-pay auctions with complete information," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 267-277.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.