Time Average Replicator and Best Reply Dynamics
AbstractUsing an explicit representation in terms of the logit map we show, in a unilateral framework, that the time average of the replicator dynamics is a perturbed solution of the best reply dynamics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00360767.
Date of creation: May 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Mathematics of Operations Research, 2009, 34, 2, 263-269
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00360767/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
replicator dynamics; best reply dynamics; logit map; perturbed differential inclusion; internally chain transitive set; attractor;
Other versions of this item:
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Foster, Dean P. & Vohra, Rakesh, 1999. "Regret in the On-Line Decision Problem," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 7-35, October.
- Sergiu Hart & Andreu Mas-Colell, 1997.
"A Simple Adaptive Procedure Leading to Correlated Equilibrium,"
Game Theory and Information
9703006, EconWPA, revised 24 Mar 1997.
- Sergiu Hart & Andreu Mas-Colell, 2000. "A Simple Adaptive Procedure Leading to Correlated Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1127-1150, September.
- S. Hart & A. Mas-Collel, 2010. "A Simple Adaptive Procedure Leading to Correlated Equilibrium," Levine's Working Paper Archive 572, David K. Levine.
- Sergiu Hart & Andreu Mas-Colell, 1996. "A simple adaptive procedure leading to correlated equilibrium," Economics Working Papers 200, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Dec 1996.
- Gaunersdorfer Andrea & Hofbauer Josef, 1995.
"Fictitious Play, Shapley Polygons, and the Replicator Equation,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 279-303, November.
- A. Gaunersdorfer & J. Hofbauer, 2010. "Fictitious Play, Shapley Polygons and the Replicator Equation," Levine's Working Paper Archive 438, David K. Levine.
- Michel Benaim & Josef Hofbauer & Sylvain Sorin, 2005. "Stochastic Approximations and Differential Inclusions II: Applications," Levine's Bibliography 784828000000000098, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Freund, Yoav & Schapire, Robert E., 1999. "Adaptive Game Playing Using Multiplicative Weights," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 79-103, October.
- Michel Benaïm & Josef Hofbauer & Sylvain Sorin, 2003. "Stochastic Approximations and Differential Inclusions," Working Papers hal-00242990, HAL.
- Ed Hopkins, 2001.
"Two Competing Models of How People Learn in Games,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
625018000000000226, David K. Levine.
- Viossat, Yannick, 2007.
"The Replicator Dynamics Does not Lead to Correlated Equilibria,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/1061, Paris Dauphine University.
- Viossat, Yannick, 2007. "The replicator dynamics does not lead to correlated equilibria," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 397-407, May.
- I. Gilboa & A. Matsui, 2010.
"Social Stability and Equilibrium,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
534, David K. Levine.
- Yannick Viossat & Andriy Zapechelnyuk, 2013.
"No-regret Dynamics and Fictitious Play,"
- Michel Benaïm & Josef Hofbauer & Sylvain Sorin, 2012. "Perturbations of Set-Valued Dynamical Systems, with Applications to Game Theory," Dynamic Games and Applications, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 195-205, June.
- van Strien, Sebastian & Sparrow, Colin, 2011. "Fictitious play in 3x3 games: Chaos and dithering behaviour," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 262-286, September.
- Lahkar, Ratul & Seymour, Robert M., 2013. "Reinforcement learning in population games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 10-38.
- Yannick Viossat, 2012. "Game Dynamics and Nash Equilibria," Working Papers hal-00756096, HAL.
- Russell Golman, 2011. "Why learning doesn’t add up: equilibrium selection with a composition of learning rules," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 719-733, November.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00713871 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laraki, Rida & Mertikopoulos, Panayotis, 2013. "Higher order game dynamics," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 148(6), pages 2666-2695.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.