Finite-Time Ruin Probabilities for Discrete, Possibly Dependent, Claim Severities
AbstractThis paper is concerned with the compound Poisson risk model and two generalized models with still Poisson claim arrivals. One extension incorporates inhomogeneity in the premium input and in the claim arrival process, while the other takes into account possible dependence between the successive claim amounts. The problem under study for these risk models is the evaluation of the probabilities of (non-)ruin over any horizon of finite length. The main recent methods, exact or approximate, used to compute the ruin probabilities are reviewed and discussed in a unified way. Special attention is then paid to an analysis of the qualitative impact of dependence between claim amounts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00201377.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Methodology And Computing In Applied Probability, 2009, 11, 3, 425-441
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00201377/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
compound Poisson model; ruin probability; finite-time horizon; recursive methods; (generalized) Appell polynomials; non-constant premium; non-stationary claim arrivals; interdependent claim amounts; impact of dependence; comonotonic risks; heavy-tailed distributions;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frostig, Esther, 2003. "Ordering ruin probabilities for dependent claim streams," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 93-114, February.
- De Vylder, F. & Goovaerts, M. J., 1988. "Recursive calculation of finite-time ruin probabilities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Rulliere, Didier & Loisel, Stephane, 2004. "Another look at the Picard-Lefevre formula for finite-time ruin probabilities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 187-203, October.
- Claude Lefèvre & Stéphane Loisel, 2008. "On Finite-Time Ruin Probabilities for Classical Risk Models," Post-Print hal-00168958, HAL.
- Ignatov, Zvetan G. & Kaishev, Vladimir K. & Krachunov, Rossen S., 2001. "An improved finite-time ruin probability formula and its Mathematica implementation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 375-386, December.
- Cossette, Helene & Marceau, Etienne, 2000. "The discrete-time risk model with correlated classes of business," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 133-149, May.
- Dutang, C. & Lefèvre, C. & Loisel, S., 2013. "On an asymptotic rule A+B/u for ultimate ruin probabilities under dependence by mixing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 774-785.
- Stéphane Loisel & Christian Mazza & Didier Rullière, 2009.
"Convergence and asymptotic variance of bootstrapped finite-time ruin probabilities with partly shifted risk processes,"
- Loisel, Stéphane & Mazza, Christian & Rullière, Didier, 2009. "Convergence and asymptotic variance of bootstrapped finite-time ruin probabilities with partly shifted risk processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 374-381, December.
- Mathieu Bargès & Stéphane Loisel & Xavier Venel, 2011. "On finite-time ruin probabilities with reinsurance cycles influenced by large claims," Post-Print hal-00430178, HAL.
- Christophe Dutang & Claude Lefèvre & Stéphane Loisel, 2013. "On an asymptotic rule A+B/u for ultimate ruin probabilities under dependence by mixing," Post-Print hal-00746251, HAL.
- Romain Biard & Stéphane Loisel & Claudio Macci & Noel Veraverbeke, 2010. "Asymptotic behavior of the finite-time expected time-integrated negative part of some risk processes and optimal reserve allocation," Post-Print hal-00372525, HAL.
- Castañer, A. & Claramunt, M.M. & Lefèvre, C., 2013. "Survival probabilities in bivariate risk models, with application to reinsurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 632-642.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.